Galleries (balconies) were a “second floor” of the church. Thanks to them more faithful could gather for the service. Nowadays only the supporting posts are left which gives an original character to the interior of the church.
We don’t have any information whether the galleries were decorated but refined ends of the posts allow us to suspect that there were elaborate carvings once. Craftsmanship and talent of the woodcarvers are visible here.
Surley not once did a solemn protestant song, which told about the trust and faith in God and which was written in 1529 by Martin Luther, sound from the galleries:A mighty fortress is our God,
A bulwark never failing:
Our helper He, amid the flood
Of mortal ills prevailing.