The history of the church of Christ the King in Kleszczyna is linked with a lawless initiative of the locals. Until the second half of the 19th century local Evangelicals, mostly Germans, had to go to Złotowo for church service or gather in a school’s classroom. After some time, the authorities forbade from conducting the service in the school and claimed that it was an unworthy place. Then the locals from Kleszczyna decided to build a church by themselves. Wilhelm Fischer gave his land and a large sum of money. His actions were supported by the teacher Rosenow and the clerk Dobberstein and also other locals of the village. They got wood for free from price Hohenzollern and they also tended to the decoration of the church’s interior. It was calculated that the erection of the church cost 12,000 marks but unfortunately it was an unauthorised construction. The reverend from Złotowo wrote that “the church had full installations but didn’t have a shepherd”. However, he greatly admired the citizens of Kleszczyna who worked day and night without any additional help. The reverend took the position of the parish priest and procured the regulation of official permissions. The church was consecrated on May 5th 1879. Since 1945 until today it has been used by the Catholics.